Analyzing a blog post
- I would say that this text is a reaction to the digitalized era we are living in where everyone is bombarded with information all the time. We consider ourselves too busy or too bored to read longer texts as a wholesome. Therefore I would say that this text has all of us as an audience. We are all a part of this digital era and we can all learn something from this text. And like one of his resources stated most people only read about 50 % of texts online. And this means that it’s not just lazy people, or uneducated people as one might be quick to assume, we all need to learn to listen, and in this case, read, before we make statements or assumptions about the content of texts.
- A. My opinion is that it’s not really clear at the beginning of the text what it’s going to talk about. It took me a few paragraphs before I understood what I was reading, and for me, ironically to the subject, that is too much text to keep my interest. If this were not an assignment I probably would have stopped reading before even getting to the research.
B. The purpose of this text is to encourage people to read before making statements about the content of texts. It’s an important subject to talk about since this is a general problem, also underpinned by his research, and this is something he wants to acknowledge and change, in order for people to evolve as persons and have more meaningful conversations.
C. The slate experiment and Ars banana experiment. Both experiments analyzed how people behave while reading texts online. It’s not as much facts as observations, and I personally think it’s a great research in this kind of article, to not bring in heavy facts and instead use these funny, yet suitable observations of how “regular” people behave online. This shows, like I stated in the first question, that this is a problem concerning all of us, not just a small group of people.
- load next pages automatically
- instead of clicks or likes, rate a post/article by how many times it has been read
- if something should be rewarded it should be for reading
- update in real time
Comments
Post a Comment